- Contact Name
- General Information
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 020 8487 7000
Fri, 28 Jul 2017 (10:30 - 15:30)
Mon, 07 Aug 2017 - Sat, 12 Aug 2017
Sat, 16 Sep 2017
Sat, 30 Sep 2017
Sat, 07 Oct 2017
What is Tennis?
Tennis or lawn tennis is a racquet sport. It enjoys a long and proud history. The game has evolved - it's now an Olympic Sport. The rules of the modern game are easy to learn. It's played between either two players (singles) or two teams of two players (doubles). Players use the racquet to this the ball over the net into the opponent's court.
Tennis can be a great workout and lots of fun. Playing tennis has many health benefits including:
- increasing cardiovascular fitness
- lowering blood pressure
- improving muscle tone, strength and flexibility
- increasing reaction times
Visit the LTA all play tennis website to find your nearest court
- Rackets (Use a racket that is the right size)
- Shoes (You can play tennis in whatever shoes you are comfortable in)
- Clothing (Whatever you feel most comfortable in)
- Andy Murray became the first British man to be crowned Wimbledon champion in 77 years in 2013.