How Can Sport Birmingham Help?
Sport England, the national agency for community sport, is committing £1.5m a year of lottery funding to the plan. Its investment will be channelled through England's 45 county sport partnerships, including Sport Birmingham. We can offer arrange of services:
- Supporting schools to develop teaching and learning for staff by signposting and facilitating continual professional development opportunities.
- Offering 1 to 1 support through our Education Mentoring service. Our mentors work with schools to offer specialist advice and support to develop high quality PE & School Sport bespoke to your needs.
- Supporting schools to help build capacity within their staff via our 'Primary Premium Handbook' e.g. signposting to appropriate partners such as afPE, Youth Sport Trust, Sports Coach UK and local partners; minimum operating standards of coaches, and establishing links to local physical activity opportunities and sport clubs.
- Supporting schools to gain access to additional funding streams.
- General support e.g. advice on purchasing kit and equipment, or how to increase schools access to competition.