The game is played on a hard court with scoring rings at both ends, where players score by netting the netball.
An Overview of Netball
Netball is a seven-a-side game where the aim is to score goals by passing the ball down the court and throwing it in your opponents net. Unlike basketball, players are not allowed to move/run/dribble with the ball. It is all about the passing.
All have named positions on the court such as wing defence or centre. The players are restricted to specific areas according to their position. Players cannot travel with the ball, making netball a game of fast passing with the object being to outscore your opponent by shooting more balls through the goal ring.
- Netball is a fantastically social, team sport
- You typically burn 450 calories per session
- It's a whole body workout, and brilliant for increasing muscle tone and improving your cardiovascular system
- It's low cost
- It's fun!
Dependent on the club, coach and session. Taster sessions are often free; Netball Now, Back to Netball is a very affordable pay and play scheme if you don't want to commit to a club and full on membership.
- Suitable trainers and clothing
- A netball and netball posts
- Position labelled netball bibs
National Governing Bodies
- Contact Name
- Head Office
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 01509 277850