Coach Bursary Scheme
The Coach Bursary Scheme has been developed to support 18 - 25 year old's living in Birmingham with the opportunity to upskill and improve their future employment prospects. Additionally helping to assist with increasing workforce capacity and diversity across the City.
In order to apply for a Sport Birmingham Coach Bursary, the learner must fit within the following criteria:
- Aged 18 – 25
- Currently residing in Birmingham
- Lower socio-economic group
We particularly welcome applications from the following audiences:
- People with disabilities and/or long-term health conditions
- Minority ethnic communities
- Women and Girls
- Not currently in education or training
- Community organisations who are interested in delivering a Commonwealth Games Sport.
Conditions of Bursary
Successful applicants will be required to complete the following before payment is made (payment is made to the club/ organisation not individual coach):
- Applications must come through a constituted organisation and applied for on behalf of the individuals.
- Within the organisation there must be a named person who will provide ongoing support to the individual completing the training and be Sport Birmingham's main point of contact.
- Provide proof of course payment.
- Please note: any funds will be paid directly to the supporting organisation or course provider, not the learner.
The coach bursary can cover up to 100% of course costs up to a maximum of:
- Activator Course - £150.00
- Level 1 Course - £200.00
- Level 2 Course - £300.00
- Level 3 Course – £400.00
How to apply?
Please complete the Coach Bursary application All applications will be reviewed by the coach bursary panel on a fortnightly basis. Applicants will be notified directly along with the club / organisation if they have been successful. Payment will be made once all the conditions of the bursary have been met. Applications will close on 28 February 2022.