Sport Birmingham is Here to Help
We don't need to tell you how important children's health is during your school's closure period.
The Chief Medical Officer suggests that children participate in 60 minutes of moderate/ vigorous physical activity each day in order to maintain health.
To help families stay on track during the Covid-19 UK lockdown, we have created a free resource that links to the curriculum and enables families to earn sports equipment for their primary school by being active at home.
Here's how it works:
5 simple steps:
1) Download the free resources below; both interactive (online) and printable versions.
2) Do 15 minutes of Physical Activity with your child at home.
- Anything that elevates your child's heart rate through movement counts. Here are some great ideas if you get stuck.
- We will continue to update this section of our website so that you will never run out of ways to be active.
3) Mark the relevant day on the Commonwealth Map with a cross; simply click on the circle if you're using the online version.
4) At each of the 'milestone countries' listed on the map, read the facts and complete the questions in your Commonwealth Passport to progress to the next country.
5) Show your completed map to your class teacher when you return.
If more than 50% of families at your child's school completes all 50 days on the virtual journey, Sport Birmingham will buy the school some sports equipment of their choice.
Free Downloadable Resources
How to create your Commonwealth Passport
If you are printing the resource at home, follow these 4 steps to create your Commonwealth Passport.
Once you have done the simple steps, you should now have an 8 page passport with 14 countries. You are ready to get active and travel the globe!
Print the PDF (double sided) and lay it on a table so that Australia is at the top left of the page.
Cut the paper in half horizontally
Without flipping either half over, place the bottom half on top of the top half.
Fold in half vertically. Staple down the middle of your new book if you can.