Clubs & Community
Birmingham is made up of a diverse range of community groups, organisations, and clubs that deliver sport and physical activity. These organisations provide the opportunity for people to be active as well as accessing wider social benefits that sport and physical activity can offer.
Sport Birmingham provide organisational support to community groups, organisations, and clubs to ensure that they are fit for purpose, thriving, sustainable and meet the needs of their members and local communities. We do this in a number of ways:
· Development of learning and networking groups
· Building capacity – Recruitment and training
· Providing advice and guidance
· Offering funding
· Use local insight to create programmes to target priority audiences
· Establishing partnerships that enhance delivery and opportunities for local people
We work where the need for sport and physical activity opportunities is greatest and focus on tackling inequalities, prioritising resources in a particular place and / or with specific demographics and groups.