Supporting our community partners during COVID-19
We recognise that you will be experiencing difficulties in delivering your planned activity and achieving some of your outcomes. We would like to reassure any individual or organisation who receives funding and other support from us, that we are introducing significant flexibility to reflect the current circumstances and the impact the coronavirus is having.
Specifically for Satellite Clubs:
Financial Flexibility – we know that you may have incurred some costs if you had planned to start delivery or were already part way through delivery. Please talk to us directly about your circumstances and we will work with you and ensure that we can support you accordingly
Programme Delivery – we understand that your planned activities will have been postponed and you may not be able to achieve your outcomes. We can work with you to adapt your activity for an online platform, or to support you in new ways to engage your audience
Community Sports Clubs and Funding:
We understand that community sports clubs and organisations will be significantly impacted by the current situation and from talking to a number of you, your biggest challenge is funding and income. We have compiled some general funding resources and information that you may find useful. Click here for COVID19 related funding streams
The Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce team have produced an easy to use guide to help you make sense of business support in the current climate. Click this following document should help you to navigate some of the confusing information that is coming out and will support you to understand what you can apply for to support your business.
National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs) - NGBs will also be doing all they can to support clubs at this difficult time. NGB's are working hard at a national level to get the support they need on their membership's behalf. Keep in touch with your specific NGB to make sure you are aware of the support they can provide.
General guidance across the Sector:
- NCVO guidance on how to prepare and manage your organisation throughout the pandemic
- Charity Finance Group guidance on mitigating the impact of Covid-19
- Arts Council England's Emergency Funding for Covid19 – covering funding for NPOs, non-NPOs, and freelancers. More information on how to apply will be released on March 30th with a tight turnaround deadline for applications by April 4th.
- Community Leisure UK – coronavirus update for members
- CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity – info here
- NCVO support the voluntary sector by connecting, representing and supporting voluntary organisations - info here
- Co-operatives UK promote, develop and unite member owed businesses. There is a list of helpful questions and answers for businesses that employ staff and what their rights are- info here