- Sports/Activities Offered
- Town / City
About English Lacrosse Association
Lacrosse is a team game, like football.
Also like football, goals are scored by shooting a ball into a net. But unlike football, you don't pass the ball with your feet. Instead you use a stick with a pocket on the end, called a crosse.
There are different versions of the game:
- Men's lacrosse is a contact sport (like rugby). This is why players wear protective clothing including helmets, gloves and arm padding.
- Women's lacrosse only involves contact between sticks.
- Mixed lacrosse is played by both men and women or boys and girls. It is popular in many universities and some secondary schools.
- Another version of the game, called Pop-lacrosse, is completely non-contact, even between sticks. It is mainly played by six to 12-year olds.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.