Level 3 Tennis Coach
- The University of Warwick Tennis Centre
Gibbet Hill Road
Upon successful completion you will be able to work independently and coach beginners and improvers in group and individual lessons as well as overseeing the work of Level 1 and 2 Coach Assistants.
The course is 13 days in duration, consisting of 12 days of delivery and 1 day of assessment. The course is split over a minimum period of 3 months and will cover areas such as understanding how to set up and run aspects of a coaching programme, disability awareness, how to work within the competitive structure in the UK and organise LTA participation programmes such as GBTW, Tennis Xpress, Cardio Tennis, Touchtennis and Tennis Tuesdays. Additionally, the course requires candidates to complete an online portfolio and gain a minimum of 27 hours experience assisting an LTA Accredited+ coach between the course modules.
- Hold the Level 2 Coach Assistant Qualification
- Be LTA Accredited or hold a DBS check through the LTA less than 12 months old
- Hold a valid certificate of competence in either First Aid at Work (FAW) or Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW), or will have successfully completed the OFQUAL Level 2 in First Aid
- Have (or have had) a rating of 6.1 or hold a Play Test Grade 1
Candidates must attend all the sessions of the course at the same venue and pass all elements of assessment to be successful.
This link takes you from the Sport Birmingham website to another domain. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.