Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Wed, 30 May 2018 (18:30 - 21:30)
- Organised By
- Sport Structures
- Development, Grassroots, Primary, SCUK, Safeguarding, Welfare, Workshops
You Will Be Able To:
•identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
•explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
•recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
•take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
You will receive a workshop resource upon attendance to the workshop.
This workshop is a 'Minimum Standards for Active Coaches' requirement for many governing bodies of sport*. The ''Minimum Standards for Active Coaches' are seen as the basic standards every coach needs to meet to carry out their role safely and effectively
5 reasons why you should attend a sports coach UK workshop:
1. Exchange ideas and learn from other coaches in different sports
2. Practical, hands-on learning to develop your coaching
3. Learn from subject specialists who will help you fulfil your potential as a coach
4. Pick up vital new knowledge that will improve your athlete/team's performance
5. Come away with an excellent resource –book or DVD – for future reference*
This link takes you from the Sport Birmingham website to another domain. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.