1st4sport Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (L4AIQAQ)
- Wed, 20 Jun 2018 (09:00 - 17:00)
- 1st4Sport, Asessors, Award, Coaching, Development, IQA, Level 4, PE, Quality Assurance, Tutors
What's the format?
This qualification involves face to face tutored delivery, a virtual tutored session and completion of portfolio tasks. Individuals must have access within their current role to internally quality assure assessments for qualifications, accredited programmes of study with assessments, or job related assessments in the relevant environment in order to complete all elements of the qualification
What will be assessed?
All IQA interventions undertaken by the trainee IQA must be of assessments taking place with genuine learners being assessed through components of a qualification. No simulations are permitted.
- an appropriate knowledge and understanding of internal quality assurance, which will be assessed via performance, tasks and assignments.
- produce or review an IQA strategy and provide a rationale
- produce or review a sampling plan with a rationale
- individual IQA plans for two assessors, assessing two learners each (four learners in total)
- delivery of the IQA interventions of the two assessors and outcome paperwork and IQA reports
- self-evaluation of IQA practice
Entry Requirements: Prior to registration learners are required to:
- Be accurately identified
- Be 19 years of age or over
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Have access to internal quality assurance opportunities
- Hold an assessing qualification
Successful learners are eligible to seek employment in appropriate paid or voluntary Internal Quality Assurance roles within their specialist subject area, to internally quality assure assessments.
Having gained further experience in internal quality assurance, learners with responsibility for co-ordinating/leading a team of internal quality assurers, could progress to the Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
Who supports this qualification?
The qualification is recognised as the industry standard vocational skills assessing qualification for the further education and skills sector by the Education & Training Foundation.
If learners do not have access to assessors (that meet the assessor criteria) in their own environment and need to use Sport Structures assessors to complete the tasks away from the course, a fee will apply. This will be discussed on day one of the learning programme.
This link takes you from the Sport Birmingham website to another domain. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.