Level 2 Award in Coaching Basketball
- Holte School
- Contact Name
- Coach Education
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 0121 455 8270
Basketball Level 2 is the standard level of coaching qualification for all club coaches working at local and junior national league level who wish to commit to coaching basketball. The award gives an overview of coaching styles and the skills and techniques of basketball. This qualification allows the successful candidate to deliver sessions independently or with support from a Level 1 Assistant Coach.
On the level 2 course you will learn the following whilst planning a series of coaching sessions:
- Reviewing participants' needs.
- Produce plans for a series of sessions that support participants' development.
- Plan for an evaluation of the series of sessions.
- Prepare the coaching environment for the delivery of coaching sessions.
- Establish a safe coaching environment.
- Prepare participants for the series of coaching sessions.
- Deliver a series of coaching sessions to develop participants' performance.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with participants and others.
- Deliver coaching sessions.
- Develop participants' performance.
- Conclude sessions.
- Monitor and evaluate coaching sessions and personal practice.
- Evaluate participants' performance and the effectiveness of sessions.
- Monitor personal coaching practice.