An Evening with Sport Birmingham (Feb 2019)
- Chris Bryant Centre
301 Reservoir Rd
- Contact Name
- Cheyanne Haye
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 0121 296 5190
- Tue, 12 Feb 2019 (18:00 - 21:00)
- Organised By
- Sport Birmingham
- Community, Disability, MAD Birmingham, Networking, Partnership, Satellite Clubs, Workforce, Youth
This evening will provide you with some of the most up to date data on the city and what young people want from sport and physical activity. It will introduce you to the work we do at Sport Birmingham, how you can apply for satellite funding and the ways in which we could support you.
The evening will focus on...
- "The Birmingham Profiles". A number of easy-to-read resources that can inform funding bids and help to identify the challenges faced across the city.
- "Young Brum Talk Sport". A survey that has asked over 700 young people their thoughts and habits when accessing sport in the city.
- Our youth engagement programme which uses activities, such as sport, to tackle social issues.
- (Funded by Big Lottery and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport)
- Working from hub sites in Perry Barr, Nechells and Stechford, we aim engage young people aged 11 – 18 years olds and providing them with real direction and opportunities.
- Coaching and Volunteering
- (How we can support you as a club or organisation in getting the best out of your staff/volunteers)
- A broad overview of the types of training available and how to access them.
- Details of available funding (up to £2,500, targeted at 14-19 year olds) and how to apply.
This is an opportunity to tell us what you do and network with other community groups.
feb---an-evening-with-sport-birmingham-(1).pdf (PDF, 1.5 Mb)
- 1 ticket per person.
- Every person needs to register for their own ticket using their own contact details
- No more than 2 people from the same organisation