Level 5 Certificate in Primary School PE Specialism
- Westminster Primary School
- Wed, 06 Feb 2019 (09:00 - 16:00)
What are the course objectives?
- To upskill primary school teachers, HLTAs and TAs to become PE specialists.
- Delegates will be able to raise standards through high quality PE teaching in their school.
The qualification aims to upskill your teachers and higher level teaching assistants in the delivery of high quality primary school PE. This nationally-recognised qualification is a proven way to effectively and sustainably raise the standards of physical education within your school. You can invest your Primary PE and School Sport Premium in this qualification.
Who is the course aimed at?
- Primary school teacher with QTS or GTCS
- Primary school teacher without QTS or GTCS
- Higher level teaching assistant within a primary school
- Teaching assistant
- Coaches working within a primary school in the role of a teaching assistant
What will the course cover?
- Understanding primary school physical education
- Principles of pedagogy in primary school physical education
- Planning for continuity and progression in primary school physical education
- Using assessment to impact on learning and progress in primary school physical education
- Teaching primary school physical education
How many hours is the course?
- The course requires 141 guided learning hours which includes 45 tutored hours and 96 independent learning hours.
The Level 5 Certificate is a prerequisite to the Level 6 Award in Primary School Physical Education Subject Leadership.
What are the key outcomes?
- Guaranteed to increase delegates' confidence, competence and PE subject knowledge
- Proven to raise standards across the curriculum and contribute to whole school improvement
- Effective and sustainable use of the Primary PE and Sport Premium
This is a professional degree equivalent level qualification
For more information about this course see supporting documents below or call 0330 2232956 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ld-course-info-fact-sheet-level-5-dec181.pdf (PDF, 1.3 Mb)