Time to Listen
Time to Listen is a three hour interactive workshop developed by the NSPCC’s Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU).
- Sport Structures, 12 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1NP
- Education / email@example.com / 0121 455 8270
- Tue, 19 Nov 2019 (18:30 - 21:30)
Time to Listen
What is Time to Listen?
Time to Listen is a three hour interactive workshop developed by the NSPCC's Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU).
Who should attend?
This workshop is appropriate Club Welfare Officers within sport. The workshop is designed to give Welfare Officers confidence and to support them in their role. There is plenty of opportunity to talk to others and share good practice.
It is highly recommended that attendees complete UK Coaching's Safeguarding and Protecting Children Workshop before attending this workshop. In addition, please ensure that your National Governing Body accepts the multi-sport version of the Time to Listen course before booking.
The Time to Listen workshop will help you carry out your safeguarding role and responsibilities to young people. The workshop will provide the opportunity to discuss a range of topics in a friendly, open and informal environment, as well as providing an opportunity to learn from other Club Welfare Officers.
What will you learn?
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify what a club welfare officer does
- Describe how a club welfare officer works with others to create a child centred environment
- Explain how the club welfare officer role fits into the wider safeguarding environment
- Apply learning to case studies including sharing good safeguarding practice
You will receive a copy of a Time to Listen Workbook resource at the workshop to guide you in your future as a Welfare Officer.