Community Cooking Training and Mentoring Opportunities
Train the Trainer Recruitment
We are looking for committed local organisations/individuals to deliver community cooking training and mentoring to Happy Healthy Holiday clubs in June-August, supporting holiday clubs to deliver fun, nutritious cooking activities and meals as part of their offer to Birmingham children and families.
- Are you connected and committed to your local community and it's young people?
- Do you have skills and an interest in training other local organisations?
- Are you a confident cook, with an understanding of food hygiene and healthy meals?
- Could you mentor clubs through the summer's activities to ensure they feel supported to offer meals and activities to children and young people? This could be through email, social media or telephone contact.
If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Please send us information to illustrate the following:
- Do you/does your team have food hygiene qualifications?
- What is your experience of delivery in your community and if you have capacity to support delivery partners in your area?
- Do you have experience of delivering training or working with other local partners?
- Would you be available in the summer holidays to act as a social media/telephone mentor coupled with one visit to each club you trained to offer support and monitor quality?
- How many places would you require for the train the trainer day (the expectation would be that anyone trained would then deliver community cooking training sessions to at least 5-7 clubs catering staff/volunteers). We would cover venue and ingredient costs for this training.
- Which district or districts you would like to deliver training in? They should be the areas you are most connected to.
Please send information about your organisation to Emma@bpcn.org.uk or
call 0121 236 2917 for clarification by Tuesday 28th May.
Save the dates from the 4th to the 7th June to attend one of the train the trainer days.
What you can expect: You will be provided with one day free train the trainer training from the nationally recognised Let's Cook Project. This will take place week commencing 3rd June 2019 in central Birmingham.
- You will receive £70 per every club that attends training you deliver before 11th July.
- There would be the expectation to deliver up to three training sessions per district.
- If your organisation aims to deliver multiple clubs, you could act as an in-house trainer and mentor.
The HHH team will secure venues for you and also recruit holiday clubs to attend, but as part of the wider support we would also encourage successful trainers to support and encourage clubs to attend.
Happy Healthy Holidays Programme Overview
Happy, Healthy Holidays' is supporting much needed holiday food and fun activities for children this summer across Birmingham
Families entitled to Free School Meals often experience high levels of emotional and financial stress during school holidays, when demands are placed on them to provide children with additional meals and activities. For families on tight budgets, the long summer holidays can mean poor nutrition, social isolation and acute family stress. This undermines' children's school readiness, wellbeing and ability to thrive beyond school holidays.
Directly responding to these challenges the Happy Healthy Holiday's consortium led by Accord Housing Association together with Sport Birmingham, The Active Wellbeing Society and Birmingham Playcare Network has successfully secured £2m from the Department of Education for Birmingham. To coordinate and fund the delivery of much needed free holiday food and fun activities for children this summer. This includes the city's 49,714children that are eligible for free school meals.
With your help, this programme will enable a new city-wide funding and support package for projects that promote Happy Healthy Holiday activities with meals and nutrition education for school-aged children and young people.