Angling Trust 'Get Fishing Fund' - Large Grants
Summary: The Get Fishing Large Grants are in place to support organisations deliver a programme of angling activities throughout 2021, with the aim to get more people into and retain them in the sport.
- Contact Name
- James Roche
- Amount Available
- up to £5,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Coach / Officials, Education / Training, Equipment
- Angling Trust
- 1:00am - Fri 12th March, 2021
- Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
About Angling Trust 'Get Fishing Fund' - Large Grants
They will assess your application based on the need you have highlighted, the impact the project will have, your project plan and how you will look to continue the participants involvement in angling after the project has finished. The Trust will also asses your budget and commitment from other funders through match funding obtained.
This Large Grant scheme is delivered through the Trust's partnership arrangement with the Environment Agency. The money comes from fishing licence sales so it provides a way for all anglers to invest in the future of their sport.
Who can apply?
- Angling Clubs, Fisheries, Organisations, Schools, Local Authorities or Charities based in England that want to increase the number of people being introduced to Angling.
- Activity that is delivered as a result of receiving funding must be delivered on freshwater fisheries where angling requires a fishing licence.
What can be funded?
- Equipment to help you run events, this includes any additional equipment to ensure your events are Covid-19 safe (PPE)
- Fishing equipment, terminal tackle and bait
- Contribution towards venue hire
- Coaching fees – For more information on coaching, course and training visit https://anglingtrust.net/get-involved/coaching/.
- Event resources e.g., Gazebo
- Promotional materials (this will need to recognise the input and involvement of the Angling Trust and the Environment Agency)
- Basic equipment storage facilities e.g., lock up shed
What cannot be funded?
- The purchase of fishing licences
- Facility improvements such as new pegs/fishing platforms, improving access, general building work. For these activities consider submitting a Fisheries Improvement Programme idea)
- The stocking of fish
Deadline for submission
The final deadline for submitting funding applications is Friday 12th March.
Please be aware that we have limited funds available. We expect that the funds will be allocated before the deadline. Do not wait to submit your application!
More info on the grants can be found here.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.