Sport England Get Healthy, Get Active
Summary: Grants are available to support projects that aim to get inactive people active for at least 30 minutes each week, with the overall aim being to improve both public health and the prevention, treatment and management of long term health conditions.
- 03458 508 508
- Amount Available
- up to £500,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
- Yorkshire Sport Foundation
About Sport England Get Healthy, Get Active
Alongside Public Health England, Sport England want to drive a step change in the public's health. Tackling inactivity is a key part of making this step change to reduce the burden of preventable death, disease and disability, and support people and their communities to achieve their potential.
Aligned to the aspiration of getting more people participating in sport once a week Get Healthy, Get Active is focused on those who are Inactive as this is where we can make a significant contribution to reducing health inequalities and produce the greatest potential health benefit.
The Get Healthy, Get Active fund aims to:
- get more inactive people playing sport once a week for at least 30 minutes;
- achieve a better understanding of sports contribution to improving public health and the prevention, treatment and management of long term conditions;
- enable sport and physical activity to be regularly commissioned to meet a wider range of agendas but particularly focusing on reducing health and social care costs;
- achieve a reduction in health inequalities
Sport England are currently assessing the applications for round two of Get Healthy, Get Active funding, which closed on 26 January 2015.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.