Carriers for Causes
Summary: Grants of up to £2,000 available to give good causes within a two mile radius of a One Stop store. The grants will be available to support projects that benefit local communities - helping to improve lives and local places.
- Amount Available
- up to £2,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
- Yorkshire Sport Foundation
About Carriers for Causes
What types of projects are eligible?
- One off community events such as community fun day expenses, summer youth camp, litter picking, day trips costs for community based clubs or organisations, sports events, expenses to pay for terminally ill cancer patients on visits to the seaside.
- Purchasing items to run a project such as specialised medical equipment, football/cricket /netball kit for local junior club, arts and craft materials for a workshop, kitchen equipment for a healthy eating project, marketing materials for an event, fishing kit for youth project.
- Improvements to community buildings such as painting, refurbishing buildings such as hospices, scout or guide huts, school building, community centres.
- Improvements to external spaces such as park clean ups, community gardens, hospital/hospice gardens, disabled access projects, food growing projects, woodland walk.
- Purchasing materials to undertake a place based improvement project such as buying paint, litter pickers, gravel, grass seed, plants, and benches.
This list is not exhaustive, and consideration is given to any projects that meet the programme's aims and objectives.
Who can apply?
Applications will be accepted from a wide range of organisations including:
- Voluntary/community organisations
- Registered charities
- Health bodies
- Sports clubs
- Community day centres
- Parish/Town councils
- Social enterprises
- Community Interest Companies
- Community councils (Scotland)
- Local authorities
- Social Housing providers
- Other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible
Businesses and 'for profit' organisations are not eligible.
Applying for a grant
Carriers for Causes is a rolling programme, meaning that you can apply for funding all year round. Applications are shortlisted on a quarterly basis for panel decision which will take place every three months. Applicants will generally know the outcome of their application within 16 weeks of applying.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.