Central Social and Recreational Trust
Summary: Grants are available for sports clubs and organisations in the UK to provide or assist in the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation for the benefit of disadvantaged children who are under the age of 21 years.
- Contact Name
- Beverley Gold
- Amount Available
- up to £1,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
About Central Social and Recreational Trust
In order to secure a grant please consider the following:-
- All young people who are to benefit must be under 21 years of age and belong to a club/organisation based in England. The Trustees will consider the application where the majority are under 21, but will not consider grants for individuals.
- The Trustees will consider grants for equipment for the use of all members of the club. Individual items will not be considered i.e. personal items of kit such as gum shields, shorts, vests etc.
- The Trustees will consider grants to assist in the maintenance of properties as long as the property is owned by the club or there is a significant lease period
- The Trustees may attach conditions to a grant e.g. conditional on match funding
- The Trustees will only pay suppliers directly. It is therefore necessary for the clubs to obtain a written quotation/invoice from the supplier.
- Economic or social circumstances surrounding the beneficiaries of the grant
- What has the applicant done to fulfil the need from other sources?
- Only clubs/organisations affiliated to their governing body i.e. Amateur Boxing Association of England; National Association of Clubs for Young People; Football Association etc. will be considered for a grant.
- Grants will generally be no more than £1000 although the Trustees will consider applications above this figure in exceptional circumstances.
Please note that the Central Social and Recreational Trust has only limited amounts of funding to be allocated each year and may not be able to meet all applications therefore priority will be given to the following applications for equipment for 2016-2018:-
Amateur Boxing Clubs, Amateur Martial Arts clubs and Youth Services providing a social and community service.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.