Coach Development Grant Scheme
Summary: The Blaby Coach Development Grant Scheme aims to support the development of local coaches and clubs by offering them financial assistance to access National Governing Body coaching qualifications in their chosen sport.
- Contact Name
- Sports Development
- 0116 272 7707
- Amount Available
- up to £100
- Type of funding
- Coach / Officials, Education / Training
- Blaby District Local Sports Alliance
- Specific Locations
About Coach Development Grant Scheme
Coach Education Grant
Grant Scheme Amount:
- Up to 50% of qualification costs – to a maximum of £100
In order to be considered for this grant you will be required to meet ALL of the criteria listed below
Coach Development Grant Scheme Criteria
- Applicants must be involved with a club in the Blaby District.
- Applicants must be actively supporting sports programmes which benefit the district of Blaby and its residents / supporting the development of sport specific player pathways for example: within a sports club or sports development programme (e.g. School Games).
- Applicants must be nominated by a Sports Club they are actively engaging with.
- Applicants will be required to deliver and record 10 hours of voluntary coaching that benefits the Blaby District Local Sports Alliance and submit a copy of their qualification alongside a case study with photographic evidence when completed.
- The Sports Club will take responsibility to ensure that the outcomes are met to the agreed specification.
- Applicants must be over 16 years of age (18 years of age if registering on a level 2 course)
- Applications from paid sports coaches will not be accepted
- Applicants should register with the LRS coaching database at www.lrsport.org.uk/lrscoaching
- The recipient shall add their sessions and activities onto the Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) 'Get Active Search Engine' www.lrsport.org/getactiveupload. (The search engine allows users/general public/customers to search for a range of opportunities to take part in sport and physical activity in their local area. Get Active provides recipients with one platform in which to promote their sessions and activities and direct users/general public/customers to search for these opportunities. Sessions and activities can also be promoted by LRS via their Social Media accounts and Newsletters. Relevant flyers should be sent through to email@example.com)
- This is a one off funding opportunity, to provide grants to eligible applicants until there is no funding left.
- The grant can be used towards the attendance and completion of a National Governing Body coaching qualification or sports leadership course, e.g. Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football, England Hockey's Leadership Award, RFU Level 2 Coaching Award or any other emerging United Kingdom Coaching Certificates.
- Grants cannot be awarded retrospectively; all applications must be submitted and approved prior to coach / volunteer attending the qualification course.
- Applicant to provide permission for their photograph and sports coach details to be used on both printed and web based publication in order to promote the work of the Blaby District Local Sports Alliance.
- Applicant will be asked to reference the Blaby District Local Sports Alliance Coach Development Grant Scheme during verbal or written press engagement or club updates where the topic of funding is covered.
- Sports Clubs can only apply for a maximum of three coach grants per financial year
- Grants will not usually be offered to the same individual for more than two consecutive financial years
- Blaby District Local Sports Alliance reserves the right not to approve applications even when the specified criteria have been met. Each application will be considered on its own merits.
- All applicants must complete and return a copy of the current application form for the Blaby District Local Sports Alliance Coach Development Grant Scheme
- There are no deadlines for the receipt of applications. Applications received will be assessed at the next available Blaby District Local Sports Alliance meeting. The frequency of which is usually on a quarterly basis.
- Applicants will be informed of Blaby Local Sports Alliance's decision within three weeks of the meeting, subject to any additional information that may be required.
- Applicants that require an immediate response should inform Blaby District Local Sports Alliance on the application form. A Blaby District Local Sports Alliance elected sub group will then make a decision and inform the applicant as soon as possible.
Payment of Grant
- 50% of the awarded grant money will be paid in advance of the course and in receipt of evidence requirements and a signed Grant Acceptance Form.
- The remaining 50% will be awarded upon successful completion of the course and examination. Grants will be paid to the applicant by cheque, on receipt of the required evidence (see evidence requirements below)
First 50% of Coach Development Grant:
- Proof of active engagement at a Sports Club within the Blaby District.
- Proof of registration on an approved coaching course (booking confirmation)
Please Note: If these documents are not received within 1 month of the date on your acceptance letter/email, your funding will be withdrawn and you must re-apply in the next round if you would still like to apply for a grant towards the qualification.
Final 50% of Coach Development Grant
- Evidence of completion of course (signed off by tutor or external verifier) and a copy of the coaching certificate when received from the National Governing Body.
- A completed and signed copy of the Coach Development Grant case study.
To apply for funding please read through the following information and complete and return the application form
All evidence requirements must be submitted to:
Physical Activity Development Officer (Participation and Sport)
Health and Leisure Services
Blaby District Council
lsa-coach-development-grant-scheme-2018.docx (MS Word, 103.4 Kb)
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.