Impact 4Life Wellbeing is situated in Bordesley as a non-profit CIC that helps to make positive wellbeing become your lifestyle through virtual fitness. It is available for all ages and abilities including disabilities, learning needs, sensory needs and/or visual impairments.
What was their programme?
- An 8-week fitness and wellbeing programme
- Activities such as socially distanced walks, gentle exercise both indoors and outdoors as well as Wellbeing guidance provided to all participants.
- This impacted vulnerable individuals the most.
How did the organisation use the funding?
- Purchase equipment
What was the impact of the funding?
- Safe space to socialise / partake in physical activity.
- Developing new habits (positive).
- Improved mental and physical health.
- Improved confidence in participants.
What did the organisation learn?
- Those of all ages and abilities can come together and enjoy the activities offered.
- Passion formed from the programme has allowed the programme to remain running and finding alternative ways to fund this.
CB, aged 46*
- A 46-year-old woman recovering from a major operation and felt sceptical gentle exercise.
- After a 1:1 consultation and confirmation for a doctor, gentle exercise was introduced to CB.
- By week 8, CB was able to incorporate more exercise daily due to the programme.
- Post 20 weeks to her operation at her check-up, the doctor was impressed and happy with the recovery and mobility of CB.