InUnity Ltd is situated in Selly Oak as a non-profit organisation providing across sport, physical activity, creative arts, youth development, training and workshops to young people and families. They like to encourage the young people to make a positive change in the community.
What was their programme?
- A summer holiday programme across south Birmingham.
- InUnity collaborated with YoungBrum on Tour and altered the session to the ages, levels of ASB and criminal behaviour to relieve pressures on other services.
- Local, cost free and accessible sessions for those aged 10+.
- Family-based activity teaching sessions for children to participate in with a parent / carer.
How did the organisation use the funding?
- Helped towards costs during the sessions.
- Grant holders.
What was the impact of the funding?
- Raised awareness of the organisation.
- Contributed towards the emergency response
- Safeguarding / child protection plans
- Linked Young Brum on Tour with the emergency response projects ('Family Activity Hampers' and 'Happy Packs').
What did the organisation learn?
- Exploring new areas of Birmingham.
- Reaching and learning about new audiences.
- Opportunities/collaborations with new partners.
- Learnt about difficulties of young people.
- Areas that need focusing on to benefit young people.
The funding helped support InUnity's Young Brum On Tour: One Stompin' Summer!
Please see below infographic of the project over summer 2020
INFOGRAPHIC for Summer 2020 (PDF, 881 Kb)