Head of Engagement and Legacy
- Birmingham, B7 4BL
Head of Engagement and Legacy
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Mon 28th January, 2019
- 12:00am - Thu 14th February, 2019
The role will report to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer and have responsibility for the successful development, implementation, leadership and final delivery of the engagement strategy for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to ensure widespread advocacy for the Games in Birmingham and throughout the West Midlands. The role holder will also be responsible for Legacy planning and delivery and will play a lead role in cross partner legacy initiatives and outcomes.
You will lead and manage the Birmingham 2022 Engagement, Legacy and Sustainability programmes in support of Games Delivery, Games Partners and Games Legacy ambitions. You will be an internal advocate providing support and an external liaison to set expectations, whilst driving ambition and commitment to Birmingham 2022's vision and social, economic and environmental goals. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop, direct and deliver the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee's Engagement Strategy with Games Partners, Stakeholders and Advocates in line with wider Communications and Marketing Strategy and campaigns and Games Partner activities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of detailed plans for each programme/project area within the Engagement, Legacy and Sustainability Functional Areas including business engagement, community engagement, schools programme, training and skills development, commitments to sustainability and human rights.
- Recruit, manage and motivate an outstanding Engagement and Sustainability Team within the Organising Committee (OC) which may consist of secondees or support from partner organisations to resource, guide and deliver the Engagement Strategy providing a successful, accessible and engaging Games.
- Develop specific engagement strategies for key target groups e.g. local businesses, community groups, local authorities, schools and young people.
- Manage all engagement activities for the Organising Committee, including representing the OC at external meetings and events.
You must have a proven track record of achievement working with local networks in Birmingham and the West Midlands, where community engagement and/or public liaison, in partnership with other agencies, has been a key focus.
You will have extensive experience of leading the design and implementation of community engagement strategies geared towards engaging diverse communities in high-profile and complex environments.
The successful candidate will be politically astute with the ability to think strategically and will be a strong motivator who is able to inspire a team with broad range of experience through effective leadership and development.
You must have a strong ambassadorial skills and political astuteness, particularly in the context of engaging both central and local government as well as local communities.
Diploma/degree qualified in marketing/public relations or similar
Substantive industry experience within community engagement and maximising resources and support from the third sector.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
For more details, download the job description.
Apply by submitting your CV to email@example.com.
head-of-engagement-and-legacy-jd-pdf.pdf (PDF, 185.7 Kb)
Sport Birmingham actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.