Foundation and Community Manager
The Foundation and Community Manager is a critical role in the organisation and will lead on the daily operations of the Aston Villa Foundation for both grant-funded and income generating activities. The postholder will direct the Programmes and Project Managers, whilst supporting all other staff to ensure effective delivery of Foundation business to the highest standards.
- Villa Park, B66HE
- Contact Name
- Charlotte Buckell
- Contact Telephone
- 0121 327 5400
- Contact Email
- £40,000 to £50,000 per annum dependent upon experience
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Mon 18th February, 2019
- 12:00am - Sun 17th March, 2019
- Sport / Activity
About Foundation and Community Manager
The Foundation and Community Manager will work closely with the Head of Foundation in providing strategic direction for the organisation and to drive a proactive approach to the continued growth, development and sustainability of the charity.
- To provide direct line management and inspirational leadership for Foundation programme managers and delivery staff, leading to an empowered and motivated workforce
- Work with key stakeholders locally, nationally and internationally ensuring strong and effective relationships, whilst identifying new partnership opportunities to increase the Foundation's work and visibility
- To support with the development of the Aston Villa Foundation's strategic and business plans, linking staff objectives and supervision to help meet organisational priorities
- Identify and generate grant-funding, partnership and commercial opportunities to support new projects and initiatives to help the Foundation achieve its business and strategic objectives
- To support the Head of Foundation and programmes managers with compiling and monitoring annual operational and departmental budgets, whilst supporting future financial planning
- Work through identifying and obtaining external grant funding, and leading on project implementation and monitoring and evaluation requirements
Key Skills and Experience required
- A university degree or equivalent higher education qualification is desirable
- A track record of building and managing successful partnerships and external stakeholder engagement
- An ability to connect and resonate with a wide range of stakeholders including local communities
- Recognised qualification in management and leadership is desirable
- Relevant managerial experience in a related industry - for example, sport for development, football club community organisation, community sport charity, community development charity is desirable.
- A strong track record in securing grant funding and generating sustainable income streams
- Experience of managing large grant monitoring and evaluation requirements, as well as wider impact measurement oversight
- Significant experience of overseeing the development and delivery of a broad portfolio of high-quality programmes across the sport, health, education, disability and young people's sectors
- Previous experience with developing organisational strategies, executing annual service plans and meeting key performance indicators
- Exceptional motivational skills, with an ability to inspire and lead a team
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and sign up to the online DBS update service.
Aston Villa Football Club celebrates the diversity of its Club and its supporters. As part of this, Aston Villa Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To allow us to monitor this, we ask all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form available at https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/careers. All information provided will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment. The questionnaire will be detached from your application form, stored separately and used only to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
To apply please send your Covering Letter (including your current salary details and notice period), CV and completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form available at https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/careers to firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlotte Buckell, HR Advisor, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.