Trustee of Sport Birmingham - Marketing
We are looking for a new Trustee to bring marketing expertise to our charity and Board. As a Sport Birmingham Trustee you will be involved at a strategic level to ensure that the charity achieves the purpose for which it was set up and hold us accountable in delivering our strategic objectives and best meeting the needs of our community and stakeholders.
- Contact Name
- Mike Chamberlain
- Contact Telephone
- 07973 751839
- Contact Email
- Positions are non-executive and are not salaried, but expenses will be reimbursed
- Placed On
- Wed 30th September, 2020
- 4:00pm - Fri 30th October, 2020
About Trustee of Sport Birmingham - Marketing
Sport Birmingham is here to make a positive difference to people's lives through sport and physical activity. We are the city's strategic sports partnership, working as a leading charity to join up policy and investment with delivery partners who bring inclusive and accessible sport and physical activity to communities. We provide support through insight, knowledge and expertise to anyone in Birmingham working towards our vision of a more active city and a healthier place to live, learn, work and play.
The Board of Trustees plays an important role in the functioning and success of Sport Birmingham. We are looking for a new Trustee to bring marketing expertise to our charity and Board. As a Sport Birmingham Trustee you will be involved at a strategic level to ensure that the charity achieves the purpose for which it was set up and hold us accountable in delivering our strategic objectives and best meeting the needs of our community and stakeholders.
Sport Birmingham welcomes applications from black, asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates, candidates with disabilities, and from women, because we would like to increase the representation of these groups within the charity, and bring more diverse perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge to our charity.
Each board member is expected to apply their specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the board reach sound decisions and make a practical contribution according to their particular knowledge, skills or experience. This will involve:
- Contribute to the oversight and delivery of the vision, strategy, values and policies of SB, in collaboration with the CEO and Trustees.
- Ensuring with the Chair and Chief Executive, that Sport Birmingham discharges its duties in a legal and effective manner.
- Scrutinising board papers, attending 4 board meetings per year, and participating in Board discussions to ensure the effective governance.
- Bringing independent judgement to the decision making processes of the Board
- Ensuring that the planning and budgeting processes are carried out in accordance with the Articles and terms of Reference of the Company.
- Ensuring that Sport Birmingham establishes the necessary and appropriate policies and that these are implemented appropriately.
- Play a part to ensure appropriate communication takes place with all major stakeholders, including the membership and wider community
- Represent and champion SB by being its advocate and ambassador for the sport at local, regional and national levels.
- Be a guardian of the reputation of SB and seek to ensure it is regarded as a supportive, respected and trusted body.
- Provide guidance and support to the SB Team in the performance of their responsibilities
- Contribute to the Board's evaluation of its own performance and any action required to improve the performance of the Board.
- Represent also as a member of the Business Development Working Group, which meets approximately 4 times per year.
- Provide oversight and guidance on marketing strategy and communications planning, supporting the Marketing & Insight Manager within the team.
To submit an application for this position please email the following documents to: email@example.com
- Up to date Curriculum Vitae/biography
- Cover Letter highlighting your motivations for the post and relevant experience
- Completed Equal Opportunities monitoring form
Interviews will take place via zoom during November 2020
For full details of this position, please download the recruitment pack below.
equal-opportunities-monitoring-20203.docx (MS Word, 19.1 Kb)
sbtrusteemarketing-sept2020.pdf (PDF, 811 Kb)
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.