Head of Fundraising and Development
Active Fusion are looking for someone to join their team and accelerate the growth of fundraising across a diversified range of income streams to achieve long-term, sustainable growth, reach new partners and raise their profile.
- Negotiable depending on experience – plus excellent benefits
- Full Time
- Active Fusion
- Placed On
- Wed 17th February, 2021
- 12:00am - Fri 5th March, 2021
- Job Reference
About Head of Fundraising and Development
About the role:
We are working with an amazing charity based in Doncaster who is looking to appoint a Head of Fundraising and Development. This is an exciting opportunity to join a charity that makes huge and positive impacts to children's lives.
If you have a proven track record in fundraising and development and would like to work as part of an ambitious, energetic, and motivated team who thrive on improving mental health, physical wellbeing and aspirations of young people this role could be for you.
Active Fusion are looking for someone to join their team and accelerate the growth of fundraising across a diversified range of income streams to achieve long term, sustainable growth, reach new partners and raise their profile.
Active Fusion is an award-winning charity whose mission is to help every child develop a love for being active by unlocking potential and creating positive habits for life. We are a close team who are passionate, dedicated, and motivated; our positive culture is the foundation to our success.
Happiness – Healthy bodies and minds
Passionate – We care about what we do
Nurture – Helping others grow
- Develop a fundraising strategy and associated budgets, risk and compliance which contributes to the strategic business plan.
- Raising funds primarily by producing successful applications to Trusts, Foundations and Public grant making bodies whilst nurturing productive relationship.
- Act as liaison between funders and Active Fusions' programme leads to ensure that all grant requirements are met, including writing reports, ensuring evidence of impact is collected and collated, and that publicity matches funders' expectations.
- With the Senior Team, prioritise and develop the charities budget and income targets and monitor achievement taking the lead for the development and implementation of the Fundraising Strategy.
- Research and identify prospective funders in order to meet financial targets and achieve Active Fusion's long term strategic aims.
- Lead a new business pipeline particularly focused on corporate philanthropy and CSR. Personally prospect, pitch, negotiate and close deals with a portfolio of supporters.
- Develop and implement systems to identify, recruit and nurture relationships with the aim of increasing the number of funders and donors supporting the charities work.
- Manage and oversee the development and delivery of the Marketing Strategy.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies, policies and action plans.
- To undertake any other duties or reasonable tasks as directed by the line manager.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset, thrives on taking on new challenges and inspires those around you.
- Flexible, collaborative, and work very well as part of a committed team within a small organisation.
- A strong influencer, communicator, networker and relationship builder
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Innovative driving forwards strong ideas which make a lasting change
- Committed to equality, diversity our charitable values and mission
- Be a confident networker and relationship builder to help raise the profile of Active Fusion across the region and UK
- Demonstrable experience from fundraising with a proven track record of up to 3 years' successful fundraising in the charity sector
- Demonstrable experience of delivering against financial management, budget planning and monitoring
- Bid management experience
- Experienced in maintaining and developing networks of supporters and building lasting relationships
- Ability to lead, mentor and coach team members
- Strategic thinking and visioning
- Working with trustees or similar governing body
- Demonstrable evidence from fundraising with a proven track record of securing funds from a range of funders (Inc. local Authority, national Lottery, Children in Need, etc)
- Be responsible for ensuring all funding and grant KPI's, targets and outputs are met
- Knowledge of charity law and fundraising practice
- Experience of sustainable charitable/business partnerships in the South Yorkshire area
- Experience in working in the Education sector or a charity supporting young people
- Experience of working for a charity as the sole fundraiser
- Experience of securing funding from local businesses to support Active Fusion portfolio of work
- An undergraduate degree
- Member of the Institute of Fundraising
- Diploma in Fundraising and Advanced Diploma in Fundraising
*The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check
**Please forward your CV to email@example.com with an overview as to why you feel you would be suitable for this role and a brief outline of your relevant experience and achievements.
head-of-fundraising-and-development-job-description.pdf (PDF, 140 Kb)
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.