Primary Stars Coach
Primary Stars Coaches work within schools to deliver sport and educational interventions as part of the Premier League Primary Stars programmes. Supporting to develop and increase confidence, motivation and aspirations of young people. Following a period of growth, Leicester City in the Community has a fantastic opportunity for a Primary Stars Coach to join our dynamic team. Applicants are required to submit an application form and covering letter, returning to firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to the closing date.
- Full Time
- Leicester City in the Community
- Placed On
- Tue 5th October, 2021
- 12:00am - Sun 17th October, 2021
- Interview Date
- Mon 25th October, 2021
About Primary Stars Coach
Who we are
Leicestershire is made up of vibrant, ambitious and resilient communities. Leicester City in the Community support these groups, and the people within them, through exciting programmes with a passionate and dedicated team at its core.
We aim to Engage, Inspire and Empower through Togetherness, Respect and Pride, changing lives and transforming communities.
About the role
Using the appeal of the Premier League and Leicester City Football Club, Primary Stars inspires children to learn, be active and develop important life skills.
Available to primary schools across Leicester and Leicestershire, the Premier League Community Fund programme delivers both curriculum and extra-curricular activities, that aim to positively engage and raise young aspirations of girls and boys, aged 5 to 11 years in the classroom, playground and on the sports field.
Teaching resources are developed in partnership with schools and nationally recognised organisations including the National Space Centre and National Literacy Trust.
The programme aims to:
- Develop physical literacy
- Promote lifelong participation in sport
- Support children to reach their full potential
- Provide opportunities for competitive sport
- Offer Continual Professional Development for class teachers
Who we're looking for
If you are passionate about supporting young people to reach their potential, are creative in your approach and are an excellent communicator we want to hear from you.
Skills required for success:
- Deliver 1:1 and small group sessions empowering young people to overcome potential barriers to education.
- Support the professional development of teaching staff, which builds skills and confidence to deliver high quality P.E.
- Able to encourage, motivate and enthuse young people to participate, promoting positive attitudes towards education.
- Ability to work on own initiative and deliver a high-quality schools offer to include curriculum P.E. delivery, extra-curricular football sessions, targeted interventions and education activations that meet the needs of partner schools.
- A minimum of 1 years' experience of delivering within a primary school setting.
- Knowledge of Primary P.E. National Curriculum for PE
- Must satisfy relevant pre-employment checks including enhanced DBS check
- Ability to travel regularly across multiple sites.
lcitc-plps-coach-jd-person-spec.pdf (PDF, 96.3 Kb)
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.