Assistant Parkour Coach
Freelance Level 1 parkour coach to assist with the delivery of parkour coaching for mental health and wellbeing.
- Bristol, BS1 3XB
- Contact Name
- Charlotte Boenigk
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
About Assistant Parkour Coach
Free Your Instinct is a charity that offer parkour coaching for mental health and wellbeing. We are looking for a Level 1 parkour coach to assist with the delivery of high-quality parkour coaching for service users as part of the Free Your Instinct programme
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver coaching sessions that are participant-centred, structured, progressive, fun and of a high quality
- To assist the lead coach in undertaking the necessary planning for each session, ensuring the programme demonstrates progression throughout, and is appropriate to the individual participants and group as a whole.
- To ensure completion of participant PEHQ and questionnaires and timely return to the head coach
- To continually monitor and evaluate all sessions, activities and programmes
- To adapt sessions to cater for different ranges of ability and development age
- To assist with the collection of administrative tasks associated with the post, including planning sessions, risk assessments, taking registers, consent forms, participant questionnaires, etc
- To liaise with the lead coach on timetables for sessions
- Monitor individuals within the group and address their needs
- To be a positive role model at all times
- To respect the participants mental and physical health and abilities and their wellbeing at all times
- To assist with risk assessment of ensure all equipment environments and participants associated with the coaching programme prior to sessions, and to report and record incidents/accidents/hazards
- To take responsibility for their own continuous professional development and attend relevant training courses to improve their coaching delivery
- To be familiar and comply with Free Your Instinct health and safety regulations, safeguarding, and other relevant policies
- To adhere to the sports coach UK Code of Practice for Sports Coaches
- To respect the rights of all participants and ensure that their wellbeing and safety are considered at all times
- To work in a flexible way and undertake any other duties not specifically covered in the job description, when assigned by their line manager
- Ability to travel and from the venue with appropriate equipment
- This post involves working with vulnerable adults and, if successful, we will seek character and professional references. You will also be subject to an enhanced DBS, or asked to provide proof of existing DBS check. In addition you will be required to undertake safeguarding training and specialised training in physical activity and mental health
- This post may involve some evening and weekend work
These are the key tasks as currently defined. It is expected that this job description will be regularly reviewed and may be amended from time to time, and by mutual agreement, to meet changing circumstances.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
assistant-coach-job-spec-(1).docx (MS Word, 33.6 Kb)
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.