Quality and Training Manager
We are seeking an experienced, driven and innovative individual to lead the delivery and quality assurance of all of our apprenticeship provision, implementing high quality learning and assessment strategies whilst adhering to quality assurance processes to support delivery, continuous improvement and compliance.
- Home working with requirement for office working (Edgbaston, Birmingham) at least once a month, B15 1NP
- Contact Name
- Emma Griffiths
- Contact Email
- £32,000 to £37,000 Per annum, depending on experience
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Tue 21st December, 2021
- 12:00pm - Fri 21st January, 2022
- Interview Date
- Tue 1st February, 2022
About Quality and Training Manager
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading our quality assurance strategy across the business, working with colleagues on the implementation of this, for coaches, volunteers and the professional workforce. The applicant will also take a lead on implementing a learner and employer needs analysis to support workforce development.
The role will involve managing a team of tutors and working closely with the Senior Operations and Compliance Manager to support compliance objectives. The successful candidate will possess an in depth knowledge of education and training with particular focus on quality and curriculum design for Ofsted requirements and examples of ideas and interventions that have generated positive change and improved the learner experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Quality assurance: To take a lead responsibility for all our quality assurance and compliance processes and strategy across our apprenticeship and education and training provision.
- Subject matter expert: To lead on the 'Quality of Education' in relation to the Ofsted Inspection Framework.
- Observations of performance: To complete regular Observation of Teaching, Learning and Assessment observations, inspiring, motivating and supporting the workforce team to drive quality of delivery.
- Compliance: To lead our Self-Assessment Review and ensure Quality Improvement Plans drive improvement, in conjunction with the Senior Operations and Compliance Manager
- Quality assurance sampling: To complete, or manage the IQA team that are completing, quality assurance sampling for apprenticeships in line with the Quality Assurance Policy.
- Curriculum: To be accountable for leading Curriculum intent, design and development for apprenticeship and education services.
- Needs analysis: To develop and implement a learner and employer needs analysis to support the development of people plans.
- Staff management: To manage a team of apprenticeship tutors.
- Delivery approach: To shape our apprenticeship and training provision teaching approach using innovative, engaging, digital and individualised learning methods.
- Continuous improvement: To drive continuous improvement across our apprenticeship delivery for teaching, assessment, and quality assurance and share best practice with colleagues internally to improve our education service.
- Standardisation: To hold regular standardisation and quality meetings to celebrate successes, share practice and provide updates as required.
- Manage resources and risk: To forecast and manage resource requirements across our apprenticeship delivery to ensure 'excellence' in line with our values and manage risk, escalating potential issues as soon as possible.
- Policy improvements: To contribute to policy improvements and processes.
- Workforce services: To support our wider workforce development needs internally and externally.
- Products and services: To work with colleagues to support the development of products and services, supported by insight and sector need.
- Business development: To propose and lead business development opportunities and contribute effectively to proposals.
- Relationship management: To build and maintain positive relationships with tutors, colleagues and partners.
- To undertake appropriate training and development opportunities.
- To promote equality, diversity, and social inclusion issues throughout all of Sport Structures work promoting a positive approach to the work environment and partner relationships. To personally act as an exemplar on these issues.
- To ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees and the public by complying with the appropriate health and safety policies, organisations and arrangements and the employment of safe working practices and risk assessment and management and to comply with the No Smoking policy.
- To undertake other duties, as appropriate, to achieve the objectives of the post, and to assist the organisation in the fulfilment of its overall objectives, commensurate with the post holder's salary, grade, abilities, and aptitude.
For a full job description and personal specification please visit our website: https://www.sportstructures.com/about-us/join-our-team/
Please apply for the role, please submit:
- A job application form which can be found via our website https://www.sportstructures.com/about-us/join-our-team/
- A CV outlining your work experience, skills, training and identify a minimum of 2 referees.
- A covering letter to describe how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the position.
Applications without the above documents, will not be considered. Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.