Women and Girl's Development Officer
The Women and Girl’s Development Officer Position will be responsible for driving sustained participant growth in Women and Girl’s game in Worcestershire. Acting as the main point of contact for Women and Girl’s hub clubs, driving club volunteers, delivery of all Softball Festivals and Women and Girls competitions whilst also creating outstanding experiences for all Women and Girl’s as they are introduced to our game.
- Worcestershire, WR2 4QQ
- Contact Name
- Jess Ward
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Wed 12th January, 2022
- 12:00am - Mon 7th February, 2022
- Sport / Activity
- Job Reference
About Women and Girl's Development Officer
Purpose of role:
• This role will promote the growth as well as drive the sustainability of Women and Girl's cricket within a local network of recreational Cricket Clubs across Worcestershire.
• Identifying and working with a network of Clubs to support the development of their offer for Women and Girl's.
• Running 1:1 meetings to connect with and support the Clubs in the County.
• Engaging nationally and regionally to develop solutions to support the Clubs.
• Engage with each Club at all levels, from committee to coaches to ensure Women's and Girl's cricket is embedded and sustainable.
• Developing peer support and mentoring groups to promote self-help across all Clubs in the County.
• Developing and delivery of appropriate competitions for Women and Girl's in the Clubs (Softball and Hardball offering).
• Leading and assisting in the running of Women's Softball Festivals at Clubs within the County.
• Supporting Clubs with progression through the Worcestershire Cricket Women and Girls competition pathway.
• Coaching at Clubs to support softball to hardball transition.
• Collating information to track short term and longer term local impacts and national trends.
• Developing case studies and examples of good practice to share nationally.
• Using social media and other digital platforms to promote the work of the Clubs.
• Supporting club volunteers through the co-ordination of effective training and skills development including Coach Education.
women-and-girls-development-officer-job-description.pdf (PDF, 185.2 Kb)
Sport Birmingham is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.