Latest Government Guidelines
This means that:
- There are no set restrictions on how many people can take part in sport and physical activity, indoors and outdoors
- All forms of activities can take place without set restrictions. We advise you to refer to your national governing body's (NGB's) guidance where relevant
- All sports facilities can open, including ancillary facilities. There are no indoor capacity limits, however, venues may put in place some restrictions and guidance for enclosed areas
- Organised sport participation events such as (but not limited to) races, rides and organised walks can take place outdoors with no capacity caps for participants or spectators
- Government guidance for sport and physical activity will provide advice on how to reduce transmission when you're exercising.
Full information on the current rules and what they mean for sport and activity, read Sport England frequently asked questions (FAQs) page below.
You can also find out about the exemptions for elite sport, as well as information about facilities, travel and test and trace.
Useful links and resources:
Sport England continue to work closely with government to keep the guidance updated for the sport and physical activity sector. Click on the following links to find up to date information and answers to questions about the roadmap:
- Latest government guidance
- FAQs on return of sport and physical activity
- Helping people back into activity
- Latest sport-specific covid-19 guidance for outdoor sports and physical activity
- Club Matters guidance to help sports clubs prepare for reopening, how to develop a risk register, tips to enforce social distancing, and more.
Sign up to our newsletter for up-to-date information, stories and opportunities. The Sport Birmingham team continue to work remotely. Individual team members can be contacted via work mobiles and email. Visit our meet the team webpage for all contact details.
Helping the nation stay active
A number of resources are available on Sport England's website that can support partners and activity providers to help people stay active. Click below to the following resources.