Birmingham Inclusive Sports Fest 2017 - Time to register your activities!
Posted: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 13:28
The Birmingham Disability Sports Forum is delighted to invite clubs in the city to be part of the fifth annual Birmingham Inclusive Sports Fest (BISF), a week-long festival of inclusive sport & physical activity that celebrates opportunities to be active; regardless of background, age or ability.
Organised and coordinated by the Birmingham Disability Sports Forum, this week-long festival of sport and physical activity will offer discounted or FREE activity sessions for members of the public to try with their friends and family.
The aim is for BISF 2017 to deliver a comprehensive programme of recreational activities during the week of:
Saturday 17th June (launch event) to Sunday 25th June 2017
The series of sessions or 'open days' will take place over the course of the week and will be shared across local, regional and national networks with the aim of offering a range of inclusive activity sessions to every impairment and age group - particularly focusing on family-friendly activities.
All activity sessions will be promoted via a dedicated digital marketing campaign, and will feature in the official BISF 2017 Programme in order to reach as many new audiences across the city as possible.
In 2017 we are calling on as many as our partners and stakeholders as possible to get behind the 5th anniversary year to create meaningful impact within communities that are most in need, and for it to be the most successful year yet!
Who can run sessions?
- Sporting or non-sporting organisations (i.e. youth clubs, charities, voluntary groups etc.) that want to reach new audiences through sport and/or physical activity
- Disability-specific organisations wishing to reach groups which may be particularly hard to engage
- Mainstream sports clubs looking to become more inclusive in the way that they deliver activities
- Organisations wishing to cater for specific disability groups
- Organisations simply wishing to shout about the great work that they already do in this area!
What activities can be delivered?
- Impairment-specific activities (to cater for certain requirements)
- Fully inclusive activity sessions to encourage mass participation
- Taster sessions in the lesser-known disability/inclusive sports to raise profile and awareness
- Sessions that offer a wider range of activities to compliment sport, such as arts and culture and those which are family-friendly
If you are interested in being part of the Birmingham Inclusive Sports Fest 2017, please complete the Activity Registration Form at the bottom of this page, and return to email@example.com by no later than Monday 10th April 2017.
Please note that any late submissions may not be included in the official BISF 2017 Programme and other marketing material.
In the meantime, please follow the Birmingham Disability Sport Forum's Twitter account HERE and Facebook Page HERE to keep up-to-date on the campaign and other inclusive information! Take a look at last years' video of the launch event HERE.
To discuss your involvement in #BISF17 week, please contact Amy Bird firstname.lastname@example.org / 07774337391.