Get Ready for Coaching Week 2019
Posted: Wed, 22 May 2019 17:28
During 03 -09 June 2019, clubs, coaches, community groups, education, businesses and the public will come together to showcase and explore how coaches can play a greater role in building healthier, happier communities as part of UK Coaching Week 2019
Coaching means helping people to be active. So whatever your title - coach, fitness instructor, leader, teacher or trainer - if you're helping people to be active, you're part of the coaching family. Coaching Week will be a springboard for inspiring the public and policymakers to value the amazing work you do and to empower you to grow your PEOPLE skills.
In an increasingly digital world, where sedentary lifestyles and loneliness are on the rise, the need to get people moving and connected has never been greater. Coaching is a great solution to this modern-day problem.
Running from the 3-9 June, the annual campaign which empowers athletes, coaches and the general public to celebrate great coaching will this year send a strong message that explains why it makes sense to support and invest in coaches.
Sport Birmingham is working with UK Coaching to support Coaching Week and would like you to help us support the campaign by letting your coaches, participants, parents and anyone else connected to your club/session/activity know about the campaign.
Doing so will help you raise the profile of your work and inspire coach learning.
Here's how organisations can make Coaching Week your own:
1. Make and share your club's #greatcoachingpledge.
2. Have your coaches make their own pledges, display them on your notice board and share them to us on social media..
3. Share stories about coaches who are making a difference. Tag Sport Birmingham on social media. You can find inspiration in the #GreatCoaching inspiring stories collection.
4. Host a mini event during Coaching Week to showcase and celebrate #greatcoaching at your club. Remember to invite local media and Sport Birmingham too. Don't forget to submit it to our news page and also to UK Coaching.
5. Remember, to post a picture of your event or display on social media using #CoachingWeek #GreatCoaching.
Further information regarding Coaching Week and how you can get involved please contact either Adam.Warden@Sportbirmingham.org or Alice.Trevallion@Sportbirmingham.org