Spirit of 2012 : West Midlands Challenge Fund - Drop in sessions
Posted: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 16:41
This drop-in session is to support applicants considering the Spirit of 2012 West Midlands Challenge Fund. It is one of three drop-in sessions taking place throughout March in key regional locations. These are informal events for people interested in applying to find out more. These sessions provide an opportunity for people to meet with the Birmingham 2022 cultural team and discuss their ideas prior to submitting applications. Members of the cultural team will be available to provide more information.
About the Spirit of 2012 West Midlands Challenge Fund
This Fund is available for applications from projects that will take place in any town, city, village or community setting throughout the West Midlands. Specifically, this funding opportunity projects must:
- Engage people as active participants in the making, creating or developing of creative activities (rather than just as audience members).
- Enable participants to explore the link for them and their community to the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games and what it means to them.
- Deliver creative output (individually or collectively) throughout the build-up to the Games and beyond 2022.
- Deliver a specific creative output (individually or collectively) or showcase moment during the six-month period of the Games cultural programme in 2022.
The Spirit Challenge Fund is now open for applications and will close on the 25th March at 9am. Projects should begin in August 2020, and continue beyond the Games, as a legacy project operating throughout 2023.
The drop in sessions:
- Thu 12th March (4-8pm) – Arena Theatre, Wolverhapton WV1 1SE
- Sat 14th March (1.30 – 5.30pm) – Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham B12 9QH
- Tue 17th March (8am-1pm) – Old Grammar School, Coventry CV1 1HP
For these - just turn up, or you can reserve a 20min timeslot by emailing Gurpreet Bains at Gurpreet.Bains@birmingham2022.com