Birmingham organisations secure over £100k Sport England Community Emergency Fund support
Posted: Mon, 04 May 2020 14:34
In our Newsletter on 3rd April 2020, we updated our readers on the Sport England Community Emergency Fund, launched on 31 March 2020. The fund:
- aims to deliver immediate funding to those most in need
- is specifically targeted at organisations, including those not currently supported by Sport England, who have a role in supporting the nation to be active but who are experiencing short term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the ongoing crisis
So far, Sport England have received over 7,500 applications nationally and approved over £12.5m as part of the Community Emergency Fund.
We wanted to update you on the progress of the Fund in Birmingham:
- 29 applications have been assessed
- 21 applications have been approved (72% of those assessed)
- Total amount awarded £113,707
- Average grant awarded £5,414.62
This is great news for our city. We are encouraging those organisation who have not yet applied to consider doing so. The Fund is still open for applications so if you're interested in applying and your organisation meets the eligibility criteria you could receive support to cover immediate costs. Please visit our website for more information about the Fund and how Sport Birmingham can help you with your application.
We will continue to update you with the Birmingham picture over the coming weeks. If you wish to discuss specifics about the Fund, the process, or for general advice on how to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.