This Girl Can in Birmingham
Posted: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 11:57
We know that many women have felt unable to put their own needs first over the last difficult year and Sport England's Active Lives survey shows that women in particular have struggled to keep or return to their activity habits during the pandemic.
12-19 June is This Girl Can Week, and across the week we want to support the campaign and encourage all women in Birmingham to take time out to get active in the way that works for them - a brisk walk, a slow run, trip to the pool, dancing round your living room with friends…
No one gets to choose how you exercise other than you. Your body, your call. And whatever that looks like, we think it's worth celebrating. This Girl Can, funded by The National Lottery, believes that there's no "right" way to get active. However you jiggle, kick, lift, stretch, or sprint, it's time to get moving how you damn please.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Read some inspirational stories
- Check out these women only activities in Birmingham
- Read about some of the organsiations in Birmingham that are helping women get active
- Check out these sports sessions including female only football sessions with Sport 4 Life UK
- Check out these great activities for women from Saheli Hub
- Discover lots of different activities and find something that fit your needs
- Search our activity finder for live, on-demand and in-person activities and filter for sessions targeted at women in Birmingham
- Try LIVE daily classes - Give Me 5 with Donna Frazer - learning how to fuel yourself better – FREE for 30 days with this code (FREE - HERSPIRITLOCAL30)
- Follow us on social media on Twitter and Facebook as we will be posting sessions which are focused on women every day!
Promote your work, feel the benefits of movement and help us celebrate women moving in whatever way works for them #ThisGirlCan, @sportbirmingham, #BhamJTM.
We're on a mission to improve lives through sport and physical activity. Visit our website or contact us if you want help promoting your activity or finding activities in Birmingham or to get involved.