Celebrate National GetOutside Day with Sense's Sensory Walk
Posted: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 14:35
Each route is suitable for people with sensory impairments and complex disabilities and guarantees:
- An accessible walk
- Key milestones and waypoints
- Listed sensory highlights
Find your local Sensory Walk:
They have now mapped 27 Sensory Walk routes across 13 regions to help you discover your local surroundings.
The latest walk routes include:
- Buckinghamshire - Wendover Woods
- Cambridgeshire - Cambridge Lammas Land
- Cambridgeshire - Trumpington Country Park
- Cumbria - Revelin Moss, Lake District
- Devon - Mamhead Woods
- Leicestershire - Quorn Stafford Orchard
- Northamptonshire - Salcey Forest
- North Yorkshire - Nidd Gorge, Harrogate
- West Midlands - Cannock Chase Forest
- West Midlands - TouchBase Pears Canal
New Sensory Walks workshop dates:
As part of our Sensory Walks project, they are providing free virtual training workshops aiming to improve your understanding of sensory walks, how to plan safe and accessible walks, as well as top tips on activities that engages the senses.
1. Wednesday 9th November 2021 - 6pm - 7.30pm
2. Friday 26th November 2021 - 10am - 11.30am
3. Wednesday 19th January 2022 - 10am - 11.30am
4. Thursday 3rd March 2022 - 6pm - 7.30pm
Anyone interested in setting up Sensory Walks or working to engage people with complex disabilities in nature-based physical activity.
How to book
Places are given on a first come, first served basis. Please book your place by clicking the button below.