Sport England Return to Play: Active Together
Posted: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 10:57
Get up to £10,000 to keep your community physically active
Crowdfunder and Sport England have teamed up to make £7.5 million of match funding available to help the sport and physical activity sector through the ongoing coronavirus crisis and with the safe return to play.
We're encouraging not for profit organisations who play an important role in keeping their community physically active to get involved.
If your sports club has experienced short term financial difficulty, or needs to adapt how it operates, due to the pandemic follow the link below to start setting up a crowdfunding campaign and apply for up to £10,000 match funding today.
If you have already started a crowdfunding campaign you can apply for the match funding via your Crowdfunder dashboard.
Return to Play: Active Together - Sport England's Extra Funding Scheme during the COVID-19 crisis.
This investment aims to help community sport and physical activity organisations who are experiencing short term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis. As we ease out of lockdown measures and return to play, there's a lot for sport and physical activity providers to consider as lockdown restrictions evolve, so campaigns to enable this will also be considered.
Our match investment, of up to £10,000, aims to help organisations start to help themselves on the road to recovery. It's specifically targeted at organisations who have a role in supporting the nation to be active but who are experiencing short term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the ongoing crisis.
To be eligible to apply, organisations must be:
- Local sports clubs,
- Charities, community, voluntary and social enterprise sector organisations that deliver sport and/or physical activity in their local community, including organisations that are not solely or primarily sports organisations,
- Town or parish councils delivering activity within their community,
- For the benefit of people residing in England.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Individuals or sole traders,
- For profit businesses or partnerships,
- Local authorities, with the exception of town and parish councils,
- Schools, colleges and universities,
- Commercial sport and physical activity providers, e.g. private gyms,
- Leisure operators.
If your application is approved, you'll get match funding of up to 50% towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £10,000.
To receive a pledge, you will need to do two things (the 'pledge conditions'):
1) raise at least 25% of your initial target,
2) raise this from a minimum number of supporters
Following receipt of a pledge you will also need to reach 100% of your initial funding target to receive the funds from Sport England.
Note – Sport England reserve the right to vary these pledge criteria; projects will be notified if their pledge criteria will vary from the stated terms above.
Before completing your application please read the full Eligibility and Pledge Criteria. Read here.
Funded projects will be required to agree to the Return to Play: Active Together Grant Conditions.