Posted: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 10:22
A ban on outdoor grassroots sport is set to be lifted in England when the national lockdown ends.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson will make a statement to the House of Commons on Monday unveiling plans for... Read More »
42% of girls avoid exercise when they have their period. Complete the menstrual cycle education for schools!
Posted: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 13:04
The status of menstrual education has not been quantified across the UK, with limited information on what education is provided, how this is delivered, support and guidance provided to teachers and the... Read More »
Anti-obesity campaigns may be damaging teenagers' mental health by driving them to exercise and diet obsessively, study warns
Posted: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 13:36
- British teenagers are overestimating their weight and 'dieting more than ever'
- But UK researchers say anti-obesity push is making kids exercise to lose weight
- This could lead children of a healthy weight... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 13:34
The government is set to confirm a rescue package of emergency funding for sports impacted by the absence of spectators because of coronavirus.
A bailout of several hundred million pounds will be announced... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 16:15
- Backed by £500,000 of National Lottery funding, the Government-supported Join the Movement campaign provides inspiration and trusted activity options for all ages and abilities.
- Sports Minister says,... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 11:28
Every weekday at 5pm until the end of term (18 December), YST are running a 30-minute online club for all children and young people to do some sport, develop skills and, most importantly, have fun!
A free... Read More »
Tackling Inequalities Funding: helping to reduce the negative impact of COVID-19 and the widening of inequalities in sport & physical activity
Posted: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 13:48
The focus of 'Tackling Inequalities Through Awards to Sector Partners' is to help to reduce the negative impact of COVID-19 and the widening of inequalities in sport and physical activity.
The fund has... Read More »