Mission, Vision and Values
Through our shared mission, vision and values, our collaboration aims to:
- Develop positive attitudes to healthy eating and physical activity
- Increase physical activity among children and families
- Increase uptake and organic growing of fruit and vegetable by making healthy food appealing and fun, especially among children and families
- Increase understanding of the benefits of healthy eating and physical activity
- Educate staff and communities to promote, encourage and facilitate healthy eating and physical activity. This includes delivering training programmes that develop cooking skills.
- Reduce sedentary behaviour of local citizens and increase activity levels
- Promote active and sustainable travel for journeys to school, work and for leisure.
Sport Birmingham are looking for local committed people to volunteer into the local area to encourage the local community to move more. You will receive training and become part of the Move More Eat Well cause. To express your interest please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How we do this?
- Support local people by giving them new skills, training and Knowledge
- Work with local organisations to develop their business skills and sustainability
- Develop effective links with education and young people to improve future employability skills
Move More Eat Well is set to be delivered by 5 not for profit organisations, find out more about the consortium members here