Tackling Inequalities Funding – Phase 3 (Round 2)
The focus of the 'Tackling Inequalities Fund' (TIF) is to help to reduce the negative impact of Covid-19 and the widening of inequalities in sport and physical activity. The fund has been put in place to minimise the impact of Covid-19 on activity levels in under-represented groups, ensuring that the physical activity participation inequality gap does not widen during this period in targeted communities.
The purpose and focus of the funding is to deal with the 'here and now' issues that community organisations and their audiences are facing as a result of the impact of Covid-19.
We will provide:
i) Financial support to community organisations that are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the pandemic and connect to our priority audiences.
ii) Funding that will help community organisations to provide opportunities for priority audiences to be active by adapting current offers or providing new ones through different engagement practices.
iii) Support to organisations to strengthen and develop their governance, business planning and resilience as we come out of COVID.
The priority audiences for these awards will be organisations that support sport and physical activity opportunities for the following:
• Lower Socio-Economic Groups (LSEG)
• Minority ethnic communities (including Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities)
• People with a disability
• People with long-term health conditions (LTHC)
What can be funded? The types of activity that might be funded could include:
• Funding for community groups to find new ways of keeping their target audience active in this period
• Offering advice and training support
• Increasing resilience, capacity, and capability of delivery bodies
The following costs can include:
• Delivery staff costs
• Training costs
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Equipment costs
• Rent / Facility hire
• Utility costs
• IT costs (e.g. supporting digital delivery)
The application closing date for the second round is now CLOSED
*Please read the full document of guidance below before applying for the fund*