Volunteering During COVID
We understand that there is a desire and a need to help others during unprecedented times and with Covid-19 affecting the most vulnerable and stretching the resources of the NHS and their staff, there are now many volunteers looking to give their time to support in any way they can.
If you are an individual wanting to volunteer to support your local community, either individually or as part of an organised group. There are many ways to help, but it is important it is done safely for all involved.
We have provided some clear guidelines, set out by Public Health England, Birmingham City Council and BVSC, below in how to keep yourself and others safe as well as important information around volunteering during this period.
- Volunteer Guidelines (Birmingham City Council Public Health Division and BVSC) (22/05/2020) Read more
- Infection Protection and Control (Birmingham & Solihull CCG) Read more
- Safeguarding adults with Care and Support Needs (Birmingham City Council) Read more
- Safeguarding and DBS Factsheet: FAQs (Disclosure and Barring Service) Read more
- DBS Applications and Fast-track Barred List check service (Disclosure and Barring Service): Read more
- Safeguarding responsibilities. Follow the guidance from Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board: Download BSAB Advice
- How to Help Safely (Cabinet Office): Read more