Women Make Coaching
Did you know that women only make up 30% of the coaching population?
Even more worrying is the fact that recent conducted by Sports Coach UK shows that women only make up 17% of the qualified coaching population.
In an attempt to address the imbalance of females coaching and volunteering in sport, Sport Birmingham and five other West Midlands County Sport Partnerships have launched the 'Women Make Coaching' initiative.
If you are a new coach or interested in getting into coaching the 'Women Make Coaching' campaign is here to help females get started, get qualified or simply do more!
1. Recruit, develop and deploy 100 female coaches across the West Midlands region
2. Establish a culture of support for females in coaching
3. Raise the profile of females in coaching
Why should I sign up?
• Mentoring support from experienced female coaches and tutors
• Networking opportunities with like-minded coaches and volunteers
• Support into deployment with clubs and community organisations
• Potential to access subsidised qualifications, development opportunities and CPD events